Get 30% off ITprotv.com with: You can use promo code: OSCAROGANDO2 Follow Me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/CCNADailyTIPS
Flexible VPN Common umbrella for all IKEv2 IPsec VPNs deployed on IOS routers Has technical benefits, but also marketing term.
A common configuration template for all VPN types No longer 50+ templates of VPN configuration Feature parity between all VPN types, no more restrictions Based on each VPN type Additional extra configuration templates are required.
Cisco IOS FlexVPN Features and Benefits
Cisco IOS FlexVPN is a unified VPN solution and provides the following benefits:
● Transport network: FlexVPN can be deployed either over a public internet or a private Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) VPN network.
● Deployment style: Designed for the concentration of both site-to-site and remote access VPNs, one single FlexVPN deployment can accept both types of connection requests at the same time.
● Failover redundancy: Three different kinds of redundancy model can be implemented with FlexVPN:
◦ Dynamic routing protocols (such as Open Shortest Path First [OSPF], Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol [EIGRP], Border Gateway Protocol [BGP]) over FlexVPN tunnels. Path/head-end selection is based on dynamic routing metrics.
◦ IKEv2-based dynamic route distribution and server clustering.
◦ IPsec/IKEv2 active/standby stateful failover between two chassis (available in the future).